Every monday night I have a dinner date with the lovely Miss Jo. We catch up, watch our stories and nosh on some pretty good grub, seeing as Jo is quite a cook. A couple of weeks ago she made this delicious gnocchi dish that hit all my sweet spots, and I’ve been itching to have a go ever since. This is my version; a no fuss, super quick, super easy yet satisfying and wholesome after work meal.
Monday Night Gnocchi
Photoset can be found here
½ white onion
1 small courgette
4-5 chestnut mushrooms
½ tsp chilli powder
a couple of handfuls of spinach
1 tub cream cheese (I used one with herbs)
- Season your pan with olive oil, cracked black pepper and sea salt.
- Chop your vegetables fairly finely and fry off.
- Meanwhile, pop your gnocchi into a pan of boiling water. When they float to the surface, they’re done! Drain most of the cooking water and set aside.
- Once the vegetables are fried, add your chilli powder and spinach to the pan. Stir gently until the spinach has wilted down. Turn off the heat.
- Add the gnocchi to the pan and stir through, before pouring the whole lot into an overproof dish.
- Thin the cheese in a bowl by beating with the lemon juice and reserved cooking water. Add to the ovenproof dish and stir through until mix is combined.
- Grate Parmesan over the dish and pop under a hot grill for 10-20 minutes until golden.
- Serve with a rocket salad, and gleefully stuff your chops.
Hubba hubba, I spy supper!