I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year, and that 2015 isn’t kicking your butt too much just yet. After a long break, I’m hopping back in the saddle to bring you more delicious recipes and beauty goodies.
Honestly, I’m gutted that the Advent Calendar didn’t get finished. As you can see, I had plenty of content half finished, but I simply didn’t end up with the time and energy to get it done on time.
I was really looking forward to sharing more recipes with you, and one of my goals for this year is to get the calendar organised in good time, so this doesn’t happen again.
At this time of the year, it’s customary to look back over the achievements of the past twelve months, and look ahead to the rest of the new year. Last year was huge for SWB, with more followers across our social media accounts, and here on the blog, than ever before. Thank you and welcome to all who have joined the party- I’m so pleased to have you, and I value each and every one of you, and your feedback. Do feel free to get in touch with any queries, questions, hints, tips, critiques, comments or dad jokes. I love dad jokes.
Last year, I made a number of Bake-solutions (or twee-ly named resolutions for the blog). Here’s how I did:
Write at least 25 blog posts for she-who-bakes.com: I smashed this target last year, with 79 new posts on the blog. BOOM!
Eat more vegetables, therefore cook with more vegetables: I am pretty sure I did this- I asked my friend Simon if he thought I had, and he said ‘definitely’. I trust him. I certainly came to love broccoli again. And oven baked kale is tops. Mmm.
Get back into preserve making, and share the love: I certainly tried to do this- the 10+ kilos of fruit in my chest freezer can attest to this. However, I could have done a lot more. I did, however, make some gorgeous Quincemeat, scrummy Spiced Blueberry Jam and marvellous Mango Chutney…
Try to cook from every cookbook I have: I know that I didn’t do this. I also acquired lots of new cookbooks. I am a bad lady. But I do have a lot of lovely cookbooks, and this is a plus.
Stay awesome: Well, I reckon I did pretty well on this one… I got a new job, I went on two lovely country holidays, I drank tipsy tea at Mr Fogg’s, I rocked more than a few bold lips, I baked some pretty splendid cakes, I attended two beautiful weddings, I cuddled my menagerie of magnificent pets, I hung out with the best and worst humans on the planet (my friends), I had more than a few Lush baths, ate a truckful of cake and drank buckets upon buckets of coffee… So yeah, I’m pretty sure I nailed that goal, and my instagram can attest to this.
So what are my goals for 2015? Well, I’m not going to set then bar sky high by any means. Though this isn’t a resolution, I am trying to be kind to myself, to respect my limits and not expect more than is sensible from myself. That’s how things don’t get done and I end up feeling crappy. However, there are a few things I would like to do.
- Write at least 50 posts for SWB. This should be doable, but equally, that’s nearly a post a week.
- Read 12 books. I love to read, but I’ve been so frazzled I haven’t made time for it as much as I would like in the past year. One a month seems achievable, but would also help me through my backlog of unread tomes and can only serve to improve me.
- Branch out into Youtube. This started last year, but I’m working on some fun stuff. Look out for it!
- Make more preserves. If only to get through all that fruit, but also because I do love it, and my family have been asking for some.
- Grow my own. Last year I hardly gardened at all. This year I’d really like to do more growing my own and setting up my garden to produce for me for years to come.
- Start compiling a cookbook. This has been a dream of mine, and its something I’d like to start working on.
Phew! This post is getting to be somewhat long, so I’ll end it there for today. Expect some new posts in the next week or two. It’s great to be back, and see you all again soon.